Warning: It’s easy to become obsessed with this Vegan Thai Peanut Sauce!
This Vegan Thai Peanut Sauce is THE BEST! The flavor, the texture is pure HEAVEN! It’s really quick and easy to make and you don’t have to worry about all those nasty preservatives that come with a store-bought version. Not to mention it comes in very handy too. Try it as:
- a delicious dipping sauce
- in a stellar noodle recipe
- poured over tofu
- drizzled over a salad, veggie, or grain bowl.
- Honestly, it’s amazing eaten right out of the jar….
What gives this Thai Peanut Sauce such great texture and flavor?
To enjoy a “chunky” version use chunky peanut butter and dice the onions a little larger. To achieve a silky smooth sauce use creamy peanut butter and blend the sauce after cooking to puree the onions.
A combination of heat, sweet, acidic, and salty gives a great balance of flavor. Here’s the line up of ingredients:
- a good quality peanut butter
- red onion
- red pepper flakes
- red wine vinegar
- date syrup
- lime juice
How do you make Vegan Thai Peanut Sauce?
It’s very easy:)
- Simply cook the red onion in a little vegetable stock until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until blended.
- If needed pour in a little non-dairy milk (or coconut milk for a more authentic Thai flavor) to thin.
- Try not to eat it all before allowing it to chill in the fridge – that’s it!
How long does it keep in the fridge?
About 5 days – if you have incredible will power. As I mentioned it’s great right out of the jar…
Looking for other great sauces? Try these!
I hope you LOVE this Peanut Sauce as much as I do! If you try it, please rate the recipe and leave a comment. I would LOVE to hear from you!Print
Vegan Thai Peanut Sauce
Prepare to become obsessed with this delicious Thai peanut sauce!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 15 minutes 1x
- Category: sauce
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Thai
- Diet: Vegan
3 tablespoons vegetable stock
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tamari
1–2 tablespoons date syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky depending on your taste preference)
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons non-dairy milk to thin – I used unsweetened soy – you could use coconut milk for a more authentic Thai flavor if you’re not concerned about the fat content)
- Heat the vegetable stock in a pan, add the diced red onion and cook for about 5 minutes until translucent. Add more stock to the pan if needed.
- Add the garlic, fresh ginger and red pepper flakes, cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar, tamari, date syrup, peanut butter and lime juice. Stir well.
- Remove from the heat and stir until combined.
- Add the non-dairy milk 1 tablespoon at a time too thin to your desired consistency. The sauce will thicken in the fridge as it cools.
- If you prefer a very smooth sauce you can blitz it in the blender.
Keywords: Vegan Thai Peanut Sauce