These Vegan Teriyaki Noodles are quick and easy to make and taste amazing!
Warning! It’s really hard to show restraint when eating these delicious Vegan Teriyaki Noodles. They’re so fantastic, you won’t believe they only take about 20 minutes to make, faster than any takeout and so much healthier, as this is a NO OIL recipe:) The whole family will love these noodles, and as you know that’s no small feat!
There’s so much lovely flavor here, but adding some vegetables is always a good idea. I like to toss in;
- slices of red pepper
- chopped spring onions
- fresh cilantro, or Thai basil
- steamed broccoli
- a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds. Yum!
What type of noodles do I use?
You have choices! Try to keep to the least processed options, such as:
How to make Vegan Teriyaki Noodles
It’s super simple. Just cook the noodles according to the package directions. Mix the cornstarch with the water to make a slurry. Heat the ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, Tamari, date or maple syrup, and rice vinegar until simmering. Let it bubble away for a minute or two then pour in the slurry, stir until thickened. Cook for a minute longer and you’re done! Pour the luscious sauce over the cooked noodles and Hey Presto dinner is ready.
Looking for some delicious pasta dishes? Try these!
I hope you love these Vegan Teriyaki Noodles! If you do make them, please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)Print
Vegan Teriyaki Noodles
A deliciously quick, easy and flavorful dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Vegan
1 package rice, soba, or udon noodles
1 1/2 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup low sodium Tamari
1/4 cup date OR maple syrup
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup filtered water
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Combine the grated ginger, minced garlic, low sodium Tamari, date or maple syrup, and rice vinegar in a pan, bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the cornstarch in a small bowl, add the water and stir well until you have a smooth paste. Pour into the sauce and stir well, allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, it will thicken nicely.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the cooked noodles and serve.
- Steamed broccoli, carrots, peppers, and spring onions are lovely accompaniments.
Keywords: Vegan Teriyaki Noodles