Looking for a protein-packed delicious breakfast? This Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is your answer:)
Quinoa for breakfast? Yup! this quinoa breakfast bowl is packed with plant-powered goodness to fuel you through the morning. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with oatmeal, but if you’re looking to switch things up in the most scrumptious way, try this:)
Quick to make, it’s a fast breakfast to whip up on a busy morning. Or, make it the night before and warm it up in the microwave. Swirl in some nut butter and sprinkle over some berries and seeds, and you’ve got a fabulous start to the day.
Why use quinoa?
Well, here’s a few good reasons:
- it’s gluten-free
- high in fiber, much more than most grains
- very high in protein, it contains all the essential amino acids
- low on the glycemic index, so helpful for a stable blood sugar
- contains plenty of magnesium and iron
- filled with antioxidants
What other toppings can I use on the Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Bowl?
- chia, hemp, flax, and sesame seeds
- any nut of your choice
- berries or chopped up fruit – try apple, banana, mango, peaches, pear etc
- dried fruit
- your favorite jam or marmalade
So you see how versatile a quinoa breakfast bowl can be 🙂 Make it your own by selecting the toppings you love. You may be surprised that a quinoa bowl could be so sweet.
I hope you love this Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Bowl! If you do make it, please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)
Looking for more delicious ways to start the day? Try these!Print
Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
A delicious, plant-powered, protein-packed breakfast!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast,
- Method: stove top
- Diet: Vegan
1 cup quinoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon date syrup OR maple syrup (optional)
Nut Butter of your choice
Pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp, sesame seeds
Nuts of your choice
Berries or fruit
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions, adding the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a bowl, add some non-dairy milk, date, or maple syrup if using, and stir to combine.
- Add a nice healthy dollop of your favorite nut butter and jam.
- Sprinkle over some seeds, nuts, and fruit of your choice.
Keywords: Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Bowl