This Vegan Eggnog Recipe is a delicious, alcohol-free, Holiday inspired delight!
The Holiday Season is well and truly upon us so why not get into the swing with a glass or two of delicious Vegan Eggnog! This recipe is a little different from the traditional eggnog which is filled to the brim with eggs, cream, sugar, and alcohol – yuck! It has all the creamy richness and gorgeous flavor but it’s:
- refined sugar-free
We use cashews, non-dairy milk, a gentle sweetener such as Date Syrup, and Holiday spices. This way you really can have a happy, healthy New Year!
How do I make this Vegan Eggnog Recipe?
Traditional eggnog requires a great deal of whipping and stove-top stirring. This version is so much easier. Firstly soak the cashews. If time permits soak them for at least an hour, if time is running short 15 minutes in boiling water should do the trick. Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blitz until it’s beautifully smooth.
Taste the eggnog, and adjust the seasonings to your liking, adding a little more date syrup if necessary or an extra sprinkle of spices. The eggnog can be served warm (heat it in the microwave or on the stove-top,) at room temperature or chilled. To serve, you can adorn your eggnog with a dollop of cashew or coconut cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon.
What equipment do I need?
A fabulous high-speed blender is a must for this. It also makes an amazing gift! Check out my Gift Guide for Plant-Based Cooks for some inspiration!
Reasons to make this Eggnog!
- it’s “creamy” and delicious
- a deliciously healthy alternative to the original
- very festive and fun
- easy to whip up
If you’ve made the eggnog or any other recipe on The Well Fed Yogi, please do rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I would love to hear from you! If you’ve snapped some shots of it, please do share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Looking for more delicious festive drinks? Take a look here:Print
Vegan Eggnog Recipe!
A deliciously healthy alternative to the classic! This Vegan Eggnog Recipe uses cashews, non-dairy milk, date syrup, spices, and no alcohol! And it’s DELICIOUS!!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus quick soaking)
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes (plus quick soaking)
- Yield: 2 large servings 1x
- Category: beverage
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: Holiday
- Diet: Vegan
1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
2 cups oatmilk (or your favorite non-dairy milk, cashew, coconut, soy, or almond)
2 tablespoons Date Syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak the raw cashews for 1 hour. If you’re short on time soak them in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and thoroughly rinse the nuts.
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blitz until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
- The eggnog will thicken in the fridge when chilled.
- Top with a little cashew cream or coconut cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon if desired.
Keywords: Vegan Eggnog Recipe
Don’t forget to Pin it for Later!