This Vegan Chocolate Bark is very easy to make and so delicious!
Are you looking for a perfectly delicious homemade gift? Do you want to indulge in a “healthy” way? Short on time but crave fabulous flavor? This Vegan Chocolate Bark is your answer to all the above. It’s ridiculously quick and easy to make. Start to finish it takes about 10 minutes tops, then it’s ready to be devoured. Remember, a little bit of dark chocolate is actually very healthy for you, it’s full of antioxidants and we’re told it could even improve brain function. There is no salt, oil, or refined sugar in this recipe, just a few very high-quality ingredients. This is a delicious treat with benefits:)
What is “Vegan Chocolate” and where do I get it?
- Vegan chocolate contains no animal products, so always check the ingredients list on the package.
- Don’t be concerned with “cocoa butter.” It’s a natural cocoa fat that IS vegan.
- Look for a high quality dark chocolate with a cocoa content of at least 55%.
- Trader Joe’s have a great option!
- For more information read Peta’s Definitive Guide to Vegan Chocolate
How do I make Vegan Chocolate Bark?
It’s SO easy!
- Place the chocolate (broken into chunks) into a heatproof bowl
- Heat it in the microwave for bursts of 30 seconds then stir it well to help melt the chocolate
- Pour the melted chocolate on a layer of parchment paper, spread out gently
- Sprinkle over all your lovely toppings – discussed below
- Leave to harden at room temperature or pop it into the freezer for about 10 – 15 minutes to chill if you’re in a hurry
- Break into pieces and enjoy or store at room temperature for about 5 days
Who knew chocolate bark was SO ridiculously easy to make?!
What about the toppings for my Vegan Chocolate Bark?
The sky is the limit! I used edible rose petals and pistachios but here are a few other suggestions:
Dried fruit: cranberries, cherries, blueberries, raisins, sultanas, apricots, candied ginger
Nuts: cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, peanuts, macadamias
Tips on making the best Vegan Chocolate Bark
- Don’t microwave for more than 30 seconds at a time, you might burn the chocolate.
- Stir gently and thoroughly after each burst, the chocolate will melt as you stir it.
- Store the bark at room temperature.
- Use good quality chocolate!
Looking for other healthy treats? Try these!
I hope you love this recipe. If you make it please do leave a comment and rate the recipe. I’d love to know how it turned out for you!Print
Very Easy Christmas Vegan Chocolate Bark
A delicious chocolate treat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dessert,
- Cuisine: Whole Food Plant Based
- Diet: Vegan
1 1b dark chocolate broken into chunks
dried fruit: cherries, cranberries, blueberries, raisins, sultanas, apricots,
nuts: walnuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, macadamias
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chunks in a heatproof bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate for bursts of 30 seconds only, stirring gently and thoroughly in between until melted. Do NOT overcook or burn the chocolate, go slow!
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper, spread with a spatula.
- Sprinkle over your desired toppings.
- Allow to harden either at room temperature or in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
Keywords: Vegan Chocolate Bark