Start your day off right with these fabulous Vegan Breakfast Cookies!
Jam packed with healthy plant powered ingredients these Vegan Breakfast Cookies are a delicious way to start the day! They’re half cookie and half granola bar, absolutely delicious and will keep you full and satisfied all morning.
What you need to know about these Vegan Breakfast Cookies!
- Very quick to make
- Contain no oil or refined sugar
- Gluten free if made with gluten free oats
- Ridiciously delicious
- Super duper healthy
- Full of fiber
What’s in these Vegan Breakfast Cookies?
Some of the healthiest ingredients you could wish for to start the day off right. You can substitute your favorite nut butter, nuts, seeds, dried fruit etc. Perhaps you might even want to add a handful of dark chocolate chips if you felt so inclinded.
- old fashioned rolled oats
- nuts – walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts, almonds etc
- seeds – flaxseeds, pumpkin, hemp, chia
- dried fruit – cranberries, cherries, raisins, apricots, dates
- spices – cinnamon, cardamon, ginger
- nut butter – cashew, almond, peanut
How do I make them?
- Make the flax egg by mixing the ground flaxseeds with warm water and allowing to sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet into the dry. Stir well to combine.
What equipment do I need to make the Cookies?
Looking for other delicious breakfast ideas? Take a look at these!
I hope you love these cookies! If you whip them up let me know how they worked out for you! Please do leave a comment and rate the recipe!!Print
Vegan Breakfast Cookies
A deliciously healthy and satisfying breakfast cookie.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 15 cookies 1x
- Category: breakfast,
- Diet: Vegan
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
6 tablespoons warm water
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if desired)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
3/4 cup cashew butter (or almond or peanut butter if you prefer)
1/2 cup of maple OR date syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, chopped dates or apricots, cherries etc)
1/3 cup almonds or your favorite nut (raw, unsalted)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silcone liner.
- To make the flax egg, place 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed in a bowl, add 6 tablespoons warm water and whisk. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to the “egg” to thicken.
- Place the oats, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and ground ginger (if using) in a bowl, stir well.
- Whisk together the flax egg, maple or date syrup, vanilla extract and cashew butter until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet. Combine.
- Sprinkle in the nuts, seeds, dried fruit and dark chocolate chips if using. Stir well, the mixture will be sticky.
- Scoop out the batter, about two tablespoons at a time, roll into a ball and place on the baking tray. Lightly press down to flatten the top.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until just firm. Remove from the oven.
- Transfer to a baking rack and cool before eating.
Keywords: Vegan Breakfast Cookies