Enjoy the perfect slice of Vegan Avocado Toast!
Looking for a delicious quick-fix lunch or supper? Vegan Avocado Toast is your answer. Avo toast can be a sublime experience or a serious disappointment, follow these suggestions to achieve optimal results! As always it’s important to be true to your own unique tastes, adding delicious toppings, a great quality balsamic vinegar, fresh herbs, and pungent spices, that you love. It will make all the difference to the result:)
This post is all about making the MOST delicious Vegan Avocado Toast!
What do you need to make the BEST Vegan Avocado Toast?
- A nice ripe avocado 🙂 When selecting, make sure it yields a little bit to a gentle squeeze!
- Spices!!! The idea here is to know yourself and your tastes. Heat it up or not – as your tastes dictate, I love a sprinkling of red pepper flakes but don’t forget paprika, cumin, or coriander
- Herbs: basil, parsley, mint, cilantro, chives
- Citrus: lemon and lime zest and juice
- Excellent whole wheat sourdough bread
- A bed of deliciously “creamy” hummus provides a delicious punch of protein
- Extra veggies: tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, olives,
- A topping of seeds and microgreens
What is the best bread to use?
You want a good sturdy option. The bread needs to stand up to the weight of the toppings and have a good crunch, to contrast with the creaminess of the avocado. My favorite is whole wheat sourdough, other options are as follows:
- white sourdough
- toasted everything bagel
- rice cakes
What other toppings could I use?
- a really good quality balsamic vinegar
- great tasting chimichurri sauce
- pickled onions
- fresh herbs and microgreens
Vegan Avocado Toast
A delicious quick-fix meal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: dinner, lunch
- Diet: Vegan
2 thick pieces of whole wheat sourdough bread, toasted
2 tablespoons great quality hummus (optional)
1, ripe avocado, peeled and sliced or mashed if you prefer
A handful of sliced cherry tomatoes
Lemon zest and juice
Pinch of red pepper flakes (or other spices if you desire)
Fresh basil and microgreens
Other toppings as discussed above
- Toast the sourdough
- Peel and slice the avocado
- Slice the tomatoes
- Spread a very hefty dollop of hummus on the toast, top with avocado, douse with lemon juice, and dust with lemon zest. Sprinkle with spices, herbs, microgreens, and seeds.
- Add other toppings as desired.
Keywords: Vegan Avocado Toast
I hope you love this Vegan Avocado Toast! If you do make it, please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)
Don’t forget to Pin it!
Looking for other sandwich options? Try this!
No-Tuna Salad Sandwich!