These Puffed Quinoa Bars are a deliciously healthy treat!
There are times we all need a sweet treat and these scrumptious Puffed Quinoa Bars are just right for any occasion. Made from healthy, nourishing ingredients, they’re packed with fiber, protein, and tons of flavor. You can happily indulge. These delicious bars are very quick and easy to whip up and there’s NO baking involved!
What do you need for Puffed Quinoa Bars?
- puffed quinoa
- nut butter – your favorite type, just make sure it’s the soft and drippy kind
- dried fruit – if the dried fruit is hard and dry, you can revive it by soaking it in warm water
- nuts and seeds
- dark chocolate
- vanilla extract (this is my favorite brand)
- ground cinnamon
Are there any substitutions can I make?
- if you don’t want to use puffed quinoa you could use puffed brown rice cereal.
- your favorite raw unsalted nuts, such as cashews, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc
- any dried fruit you love, apricots, blueberries, golden sultanas
- maple syrup instead of date syrup
- use peanut, sunflower butter, or almond butter in lieu of cashew
How do I make Puffed Quinoa Bars?
In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a smaller bowl. Combine and stir well.
Place in a parchment paper-lined 8 x 8-inch pan. Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the top.
Chill in the fridge or freezer (if you’re in a hurry) until set. Slice into bars and enjoy.
Is Puffed Quinoa good for me?
- Quinoa is a powerhouse of protein, providing all nine of the essential amino acids.
- Very high in fiber, providing 3 grams per serving.
- Rich in iron
Once they have chilled, transfer them into an airtight container lined with parchment paper. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days and 3 months in the freezer.
I hope you love these Puffed Quinoa Bars! If you do make them, please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)
Looking for more scrumptious desserts? Try these!Print
Puffed Quinoa Bars
A deliciously healthy protein-packed sweet treat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: dessert,
- Diet: Vegan
1 1/2 cups puffed quinoa
1 cup cashew butter
1/3 cup date syrup or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper
- Combine the quinoa, dried cherries, pistachios, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl stir together the cashew butter, date syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Dump the mixture into the lined pan and press down to spread.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Heat for 10-second bursts, stir well and don’t let it burn.
- Spread the chocolate over the quinoa mixture.
- Place in the fridge or freezer and allow to chill for at least 1 hour.
Keywords: Puffed Quinoa Bars