This Power Smoothie is filled with plant protein and goodness to refresh, revitalize and fuel you through your day.
Making a smoothie is a bit like making soup, you don’t have to worry too much about what you throw in, the chances are it’ll taste fabulous!
You can get creative with the additions if you like, try psyllium powder, chia, hemp and flaxseeds or if you prefer you can just leave them out altogether. Don’t feel you need to rush out and buy a lot of fancy powders.
For this Power Smoothie as long as you’ve got the basics you’re in good shape!
1. leafy greens
4, protein powder
5. plant milk
If you have picky eaters who wouldn’t normally touch kale this is the perfect vehicle to surreptitiously get plenty of nutrition into them. Do you or your family members have a sweet tooth? add a dash of maple syrup and everyone will lap this smoothie up:)
Why Power Smoothie? Here are the reasons:
- Avocado: full of healthy fats, Vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as potassium, folate,, niacin and magnesium.
- Kale: The King of Greens, it’s bursting with Vitamin K, C and B6 and fiber.
- Blueberries: high in fiber, Vitamin C and K, blueberries are also said to protect from cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
- Banana: filled with potassium, great for heart health and blood pressure.
- Chia and Hemp Seeds: abound in healthy omega 3 fatty acids which are said to be great for brain health.
- Flaxseeds: wonderful for digestive health, flaxseeds help keep you regular!
- Vegan Protein Powder for added protein a high quality vegan protein powder is a great option.
Optional add ins:
Just incase you’re looking for more, here are a few ideas:
- These Frozen Acai Packets are very useful, they add more nutrients and turn the smoothie a fantastic color!
- Non dairy yogurt.
- I like this Almond Butter.
- Psyllium Powder which is said to be a great addition for gut health.
A powerfully delicious blueberry smoothie to fuel you throughout the day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: smoothies,
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen or not
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana (frozen or not)
- 12 – 14 oz non dairy milk, cashew, almond, soy and oat are all great options
- 1 heaping scoop of Vegan Protein Powder
- A large handful of baby spinach or kale leaves
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Place in a high speed blender and blitz until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add a little more milk.
- Pour into a tall glass, sip and enjoy.
Keywords: vegan, smoothie, power
Looking for more smoothies?
Don’t forget to Pin it!
This post contains affiliate Amazon links.