Enjoy Overnight Oats with Banana and Walnuts for a deliciously healthy start to the day!
Are you in need of a quick, delicious, simple recipe to fuel your mornings? Or perhaps you’re looking for a summer version of your winter bowl of oatmeal? In either case, Overnight Oats with Banana and Walnuts is your scrumptious answer. Full of flavor and texture, it’s like starting the day with a wonderful treat that will nourish and fuel you until lunchtime.
What exactly are Overnight Oats?
- It’s just a question of soaking uncooked oats in some plant milk with flavorings overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning you have a deliciously, thick and creamy creation to enjoy.
- There is NO COOKING required, which means it’s a perfect recipe for hot weather, or when you’re in a rush or feeling a little lazy, as consequently there is very little washing up!
- It’s also very good for you, oats contain 6 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber per cup. This recipe includes chia seeds which are loaded with omega-3 essential fatty acids, not to mention potassium in the bananas and antioxidant-packed walnuts!
How do you make them?
It’s easy peasy!
- Pour the oats into a bowl
- Add all the other ingredients
- Stir well so the oats are fully coated and covered by the liquid
- Pour into an airtight container, stir again and combine very thoroughly. Wide-mouthed Mason Jars are excellent for this!
- Place in the refrigerator overnight
- Top with banana chunks, a few more walnuts, and a drizzle of date or maple syrup, and devour!
What type of Oats should I use?
Steel-cut oats WON’T WORK!
Quick oats are ok but tend to go a little soggy. I would suggest sticking to the old-fashioned variety
Overnight Oats with Banana and Walnuts are:
- quick and easy to whip up
- a make-ahead recipe that will happily sit in the refrigerator for 2 days
- very healthy and nutritious
Overnight Oats with Banana and Walnuts!
A delicious, quick, nourishing, and very simple recipe to fuel your mornings.
- Category: breakfast,
- Method: refrigerator
- Diet: Vegan
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1/2 mashed banana
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1 –2 teaspoons date or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, for topping
Fresh banana chunks for topping
- Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and refrigerate in a Mason jar or airtight container overnight to thicken.
- To serve, add a few more banana chunks and crumbled walnuts as a delicious topping.
Keywords: Overnight Oats with Banana and Walnuts
I hope you love these Overnight Oats with Bananas and Walnuts! If you do make them, please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)