Breakfast just became more delicious with this Oil Free Granola Recipe!
Oil Free Granola with no refined sugar that’s actually delicious? Yes! This is an irresistible recipe, it’s;
Granola does NOT need oil to taste amazing. The trick to great crunchy granola is the oven temperature. Keeping it low allows the ingredients to cook through evenly. If the temperature is too high the nuts tend to scorch on the outside but be undercooked on the inside. It’s a case of slow and steady wins the race! Scented with orange zest, and seasoned with cinnamon, this is the perfect hearty breakfast and a fabulous on-the-go snack.
The nuts and seeds used in the recipe are nature’s way of providing us with the healthy fats we need. They’re packed with omega 3 essential fatty acids, the type that nourishes us, as opposed to saturated animal fats that destroy our health. Don’t be afraid of nuts and seeds they’re good for you! Just make sure they’re raw and unsalted!
How do you make Oil Free Granola?
It’s SO easy!
- Place all the dry ingredients on a lined baking sheet (with the exception of the dried fruit)
- Whisk together the wet ingredients, then pour over the dry
- Combine well, pop it in the oven, and bake until crisp
- Mix in the dried fruit
- That’s it!
Enjoy with your favorite plant milk, I adore this with oat milk, it’s so creamy 🙂 as a snack with fresh berries, or on the top of non-dairy yogurt like a parfait.
This recipe is a blueprint. Use what you LOVE! Here are a few suggestions;
Any combination of the following, please make sure all nuts are raw and unsalted.
- any dried fruit of your choice, goji berries, cranberries, apricots, dates, blueberries, raisins, cherries
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- crystallized ginger
- dark chocolate chips- add after baking!!
How long does it keep?
- in a nice airtight glass container, the granola will keep for 3 weeks. I seriously doubt it will have the chance.
What equipment do I need to make this Oil Free Granola Recipe?
I hope you love this Oil Free Granola If you do make it please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)
Looking for more scrumptious breakfast ideas? Try these!Print
Oil Free Granola
A delicious, heart-healthy way to start the day!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast,
- Method: baked
- Diet: Vegan
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup maple or date syrup
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Zest of an orange
1/2 cup dried cherries/cranberries/chopped dates/apricots etc
- Heat the oven to 325F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silicone Baking Mat
- Pour the dry ingredients onto the prepared baking sheet
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl, pour over the dry, and using your hands or a spatula stir well taking care to coat the dry with the wet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir well and return it for a further 10 minutes. Keep an eye and make sure it doesn’t scorch.
- When the granola is ready it should be crispy. It will crisp up a little as it cools.
- Add the dried cherries and stir to combine.
- Allow the granola to cool completely before storing.
Keywords: Oil Free Granola