This Easy Marinated Tofu is quick to whip up and a delight to eat!
This easy marinated tofu is a fabulous recipe to have up your sleeve. Despite taking about 2 minutes to whisk up, the marinade is full of robust flavors from the fresh ginger and red pepper flakes. The tofu will happily sit marinating in the fridge overnight, then all you have to do is pour it into a good quality non-stick pan and let it sizzle for about 7 minutes! Hey presto, you’ve got a gloriously delicious protein dish!
What type of tofu is best?
This is the key question. The quality of tofu really varies and it’s worthwhile buying a good one. I like a super firm variety for this dish. It needs to marinate, then it’s cooked at quite a high temperature so it’s important it has structure and doesn’t fall apart. An organic brand such as Wildwood works beautifully.
What other ingredients do I need for marinated tofu?
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh ginger root
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Low sodium Tamari
- Date Syrup
- Rice vinegar
How long should it marinate?
At least 1 hour or up to 1 day in advance in the fridge.
It’s essential to have a good quality non-stick frying pan
I hope you love this Easy Marinated Tofu! If you do make it please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)Print
Easy Marinated Tofu
Quick and easy, delicious marinated tofu
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 large servings 1x
- Category: dinner
- Diet: Vegan
1/4 cup low-sodium Tamari
3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
2 tablespoons Date Syrup
1/4–1/2 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1, 16 oz package extra firm tofu
- If it needs to be pressed, do so now, then slice it into cubes once the liquid is removed. If it is pre-pressed, cut it into cubes and place it in a zip-lock bag.
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into the zip-lock bag over the tofu. Allow to marinate for at least an hour. It can be left overnight in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to cook the tofu, empty it with the marinade into a large non-stick pan.
- Cook until golden and the marinade has been absorbed. Move the tofu around to ensure even cooking. If necessary pour over another tablespoon or so of Tamari.
- Place the tofu on a warm serving plate, scatter with green onions, cilantro, and a few more red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve immediately, this is best enjoyed right from the pan!
Keywords: Marinated Tofu