Looking for a fabulous Vegan BBQ Sauce with no refined sugar or ketchup? Here it is!
Tangy, savory, and lusciously rich you won’t believe it’s ketchup and oil-free! It’s also very quick to make with straightforward pantry ingredients, seriously you won’t believe how easy it is! Everyone loves this sauce, vegan or carnivore – it’s a winner!
Wait! Isn’t all BBQ Sauce Vegan?
Actually no! Very often there’s honey and Worcestershire sauce in the ingredients, not to mention all the nasty additives and preservatives that assault the body. Make this instead, it tastes better and will do you good!
What Do I Put My Vegan BBQ Sauce on?
- roasted potatoes or fries
- grilled or baked tofu
- meatloaf glaze
- any roasted, baked, or steamed vegetables
What’s in this Vegan BBQ Sauce?
It’s whipped up with pantry ingredients:
- tomato paste
- dried garlic powder
- Date Syrup or maple syrup if you prefer
- white wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
How do I make it?
IT’S REALLY EASY!
- “Saute” the onion in vegetable stock.
- Add all the other ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
Tips for Storing Vegan BBQ Sauce.
This keeps in the fridge for at least a week. It also freezes really well in an airtight container for at least 3 months.
I hope you love this recipe. If you make it please do let me know how it goes, rate the recipe and leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you:)Print
Homemade Vegan BBQ Sauce – No Ketchup!
A deliciously satisfying Homemade Vegan BBQ Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: sauce
- Cuisine: Whole Food Plant Based
- Diet: Vegan
3–4 tablespoons vegetable stock
1 cup diced onion, yellow or red
1/2 cup tomato PASTE
2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons dried garlic powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 – 1/3 cup date syrup – depending on how sweet you like your sauce
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Tamari
1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Heat the vegetable stock in a medium pan, add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes until translucent.
- Add all the other ingredients, stir well to combine.
- Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- When cool you can puree the sauce if desired.
Keywords: Vegan BBQ Sauce,