Enjoy this luscious Homemade Cashew Cream as a delicious non-dairy alternative to heavy and sour cream!
This gorgeous Homemade Cashew Cream will take any dish from “quite nice” to “extraordinary!” Creamy, very slightly tangy, it’s every bit as rich and delicious as regular sour cream. Happily, it requires very little effort to make, if you have a high-speed blender it takes about 60 seconds!
When and how do I use Homemade Cashew Cream?
- dolloped over roasted and baked potatoes or sweet potatoes
- swirled into a soup
- added to a stew for extra richness
- on top of burritos
- as the base for a creamy dip
- to a pasta dish for an extra luscious taste
Tips to Make the Best Homemade Cashew Cream.
- Use raw unsalted cashews.
- If you have the time soak the cashews for an hour in room temperature water to soften them up. If you’re running short of time soak them for 15 minutes in boiling water.
- Drain and rinse the cashews after soaking.
- Use a high-speed blender, the results will be super smooth and creamy.
- TASTE! Once blitzed, dip your finger in and taste, adjust the seasonings to your liking. Add a little more lemon juice, black pepper, or apple cider vinegar if necessary.
The Sweet Option!
Sweet Homemade Cashew Cream is just as easy to whip up and the perfect alternative to all that horrible heavy cream dairy goo. It’s exactly the same method, simply omit the lemon zest, juice, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar. Instead, add Date Syrup or maple syrup and vanilla extract. Try it as a topping on some of your favorite desserts. It’s sensational dolloped over Chocolate Pudding.
Looking for other fabulous dressings? Try these!
I hope you love this homemade cashew cream! If you do make it, please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)Print
Homemade Cashew Cream
A deliciously “creamy” addition to so many dishes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes - 1 hour
- Total Time: 15 minute
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: dressing
- Diet: Vegan
The Savory Option:
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup filtered water
Zest of a lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1–2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Pinch of dried savory herbs (optional)
The Sweet Option:
1 cup raw unsalted cashews
1/2 cup unfiltered water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1–2 tablespoons date syrup or maple syrup
- For either the Savory or Sweet Option place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- The “cream” will thicken a little in the fridge as it chills.
Keywords: Homemade Cashew Cream