Everything feels better with a cup of Golden Hot Chocolate.
This lovely drink is titled Golden Hot Chocolate thanks to the ground turmeric. It’s the most comforting, nourishing drink imaginable. Gently sweetened with date syrup it’s deliciously easy on the system.
What type of chocolate should I use?
What about the spices?
The depth of flavor in this drink is what makes it taste so special and I recommend the following:
Turmeric is a heavy-duty anti-inflammatory and rich in antioxidants. Black pepper activates the curcumin, the ingredient in turmeric responsible for its health benefits. Dark chocolate is said to boost your mood and improve brain health. Doesn’t it always make you feel better? Cinnamon also has anti-inflammatory properties and helps regulate blood sugar levels. Vanilla extract is simply delicious. So not only do they taste Heavenly, but they’re also really good for you.
What equipment do I need to make Golden Hot Chocolate?
- A nice eco-friendly non-stick saucepan is very helpful.
- Some beautiful English china cups and saucers are a treat 🙂
- Not strictly necessary but a frother wand is SO fun to use!
Looking for other deliciously nourishing drinks? Try these!
I hope you enjoy this lovely Golden Hot Chocolate! If you do make it please let me know how it worked out for you. Don’t forget to leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks and happy cooking:)Print
Golden Hot Chocolate
A deliciously nourishing chocolate drink.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
- Total Time: 58 minute
- Yield: 1 good sized serving 1x
- Category: drink/beverage
- Method: stove top
- Diet: Vegan
8 oz non-dairy milk (I used oat milk)
1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons Date Syrup or maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 – 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dark chocolate
- Heat all the ingredients except the dark chocolate in a saucepan. Whisk well to avoid lumps.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the tablespoon dark chocolate and stir until melted.
- Give it a final whisk or use a frother.
- Pour into cups and enjoy.
Keywords: Golden Hot Chocolate