This white bean salad is so easy to whip up, it takes literally 5 minutes, it’s super healthy for you and there’s no oil used in the recipe. There is however a ton of flavor, you won’t miss the olive oil at all. I’m really into quick salads at the moment as it’s so ridiculously hot here in New York. The thought of putting the oven on, or even a pot of water to boil makes me nearly pass out. So much easier to open a can, add a few yummy ingredients and hey pesto here’s lunch:)
What’s in the Salad?
- cannellini beans
- cherry tomatoes from the garden
- plenty of lemon zest and juice
- a really good amount of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- fresh basil and parsley
- a pinch of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- ground cumin
What can I substitute?
All sorts of things:) You can really make this your own very easily. Add what you LOVE.
- If you prefer to make your own dressing click here for the “No Meat Athlete’s” fabulous list of oil free dressings.
- Add all sorts of vegetables such as celery, summer squash, zucchini, red onion, red, yellow and orange peppers, your favorite fresh herbs, lime zest and juice instead of lemon.
Easy White Bean Salad – Oil Free!
A deliciously easy white bean salad – oil free!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: salad
1, 15oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved if large
1 cup fresh herbs (I used basil and parsley) finely chopped
Zest and juice of a lemon
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
1 teaspoon ground cumin – or to taste
Pinch of red pepper flakes – if desired
2–3 tablespoons of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinaigrette OR your favorite dressing
- Place the drained and rinsed beans in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, zest and juice of the lemon, salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes if using, stir well.
- Add the vinaigrette and taste. Add more seasonings as desired.
Keywords: #vegan #salad
Looking for other fabulous salads? Try these:
If you’ve whipped up this Salad or any other recipe on The Well Fed Yogi, please do rate the recipe and leave me a comment below, I would love to hear from you! If you snapped some shots of the dish, please do share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!