Enjoy a lusciously decadent Vegan Hot Chocolate which takes 2 minutes to make and has NO OIL OR REFINED SUGAR!
Yes, you can be plant-based and still enjoy sipping on a deliciously decadent tasting vegan hot chocolate. It’s a perfect cup of happiness to chase away the chill that’s creeping in these days! What’s so special and totally yummy about this particular hot chocolate is that it’s “thick” and “creamy” like a traditional French hot chocolate, but as with all my recipes, there’s no refined sugar or oil. You simply won’t believe how good it is until you taste it!
What’s in this Easy Vegan Hot Chocolate?
- dark vegan chocolate!
- your favorite plant milk
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- date syrup or maple syrup
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
How do I make it?
Well, like I said it’s super duper easy.
- Put all the ingredients except the cornstarch in a pan, whisk and bring to the boil
- Add a little cornstarch to thicken it up
- Pour into a cup and enjoy
- Add vegan marshmallows and cashew cream if desired
How do I know if my chocolate is Vegan?
- Take a quick look at the ingredients, make sure there’s no dairy listed
- Look for a high percentage of cocoa, at least 55% and above
- Don’t worry about “cocoa butter” it is actually vegan!
For a complete guide to vegan chocolate, check out PETA’S list.
I hope you enjoy this easy vegan hot chocolate, it’s a lovely healthy treat, SO easy to whip up, and tastes out of this world delicious:)
If you do make it, please do leave a comment and rate the recipe! I would LOVE to hear from you.Print
Easy Vegan Hot Chocolate
A cup of pure chocolate vegan healthy delight.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: beverage
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Whole Food Plant Based
- Diet: Vegan
12 oz non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 oz dark chocolate
1/4 cup date syrup OR maple syrup (less depending on your sweet tooth)
Pinch of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Vegan chocolate chips
- Pour all the ingredients except the cornstarch into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, whisk well so any lumps dissolve as the mixture warms.
- Measure 1 teaspoon of organic cornstarch into a small bowl, add a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture to the cornstarch, and stir well to combine. Pour back into the chocolate mixture.
- Allow to simmer for a minute or two. Pour into a large cup (or 2 small!) and enjoy.
Keywords: Easy Vegan Hot Chocolate
Don’t forget to pin it!