This Easy Blueberry Compote is deliciously summery, and bursting with juicy blueberries!
This Easy Blueberry Compote is whipped up in 15 minutes and has only 5 ingredients:) When blueberries are plentiful this is such a treat. It’s so good it’s hard not to eat it straight out of the pan. There are plenty of uses for a compote, here are a few to get you started:
- in oatmeal
- swirled into yogurt
- over pancakes and waffles
- as a side to most desserts – especially ice cream and nice cream!
- with French toast
The idea of a compote is very straightforward, throw a couple of cups of summer fruit into a pan, add some citrus zest and juice, a little sweetener and bring it to the boil. Simmer until it thickens a little, almost like a runny jam. Add any flavoring you like such as cinnamon, vanilla extract, ground ginger, etc.
What equipment do I need to make an Easy Blueberry Compote?
Reasons why you’ll absolutely LOVE this Easy Blueberry Compote!
- it’s deliciously summery
- everybody’s favorite topping
- full of antioxidants
- easy to make
- lasts for a week in the fridge
Other fruit dishes you might enjoy!Print
Easy Blueberry Compote
A deliciously fruity and juicy berry topping!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dessert,
- Method: stove top
- Diet: Vegan
2 pints fresh blueberries
1/4 cup maple syrup or date syrup
1 12 teaspoon vanilla extract
Juice and zest of a lemon
2 tablespoons water
- Place 1 pint of the blueberries in a pan with the rest of the ingredients. Reserve the rest of the blueberries for now.
- Place the pan on the stove and heat until simmering. Allow to bubble away on a low heat for 8 minutes. Add the rest of the blueberries and cook for 6 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat. The compote will thicken upon cooling.
Keywords: Easy Blueberry Compote