You’re going to LOVE this deliciously healthy Chia Seed Jam!
There are so many reasons to LOVE this Chia Seed Jam. It’s 100% whole food plant-based, gluten-free and so much healthier than the store-bought variety. You can enjoy it in so many ways, such as swirled into plant-based yogurt, as a topping on waffles, or thickly slathered in your next PB&J sandwich 🙂
This post is all about making the most gorgeous Chia Seed Jam.
Have you noticed how store-bought jam is LOADED with sugar? Well, it doesn’t have to be. In this recipe, Chia Seeds are used to thicken the jam instead of sugar. Chia seeds are one of nature’s bountiful gifts. These little beauties are filled with omega-three fatty acids, antioxidants, minerals, and fiber. Studies have shown they promote heart health, bone health and may reduce blood sugar levels. All that from these tiny little seeds.
What type of fruit should I use to make Chia Seed Jam?
You can use fresh or frozen to make it more convenient. I usually use frozen berries as it’s so much more cost effective. Here are some suggestions:
- raspberries (my favorite)
Benefits to making Chia Seed Jam!
- you know exactly what’s in it and can control the amount of sweetener
- you can whip up a small batch in a few minutes
- NO CANNING is required (yay!)
- use fresh or frozen fruit
Is it easy to make?
YES! So quick and easy:) Here’s what you do:
- Cook the fruit and water in a pan
- Mash it up
- Add your flavorings such as lemon or orange juice, maple or date syrup, and vanilla extract
- Let it cool – it will thicken as it cools
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge THAT’S IT!
How long will it keep?
In an airtight container, the jam will keep for 1 week in the fridge.Print
Chia Seed Jam
A delicious, healthy jam.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dessert,
- Method: stove top
- Diet: Vegan
2 cups frozen or fresh berries
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp lemon juice OR orange juice and zest
2 tbsp chia seeds
3 – 4 tbsp maple or date syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add raspberries and water to a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Use a fork to mash the berries to your desired consistency.
3. Add lemon or orange juice, zest, chia seeds, syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes (it will thicken considerably as it cools).
5. Stir well and allow to cool, or transfer to an airtight container, place in the fridge where it will keep for up to 1 week.
Keywords: Chia Seed Jam
I hope you love this Chia Seed Jam! If you do make it, please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)
Looking for other Chia Seed recipes? Try these:
Chia Pudding with Berries
Don’t forget to Pin it!