These Cashew Butter Bars are a deliciously healthy treat!
Oh My Goodness these Cashew Butter Bars are amazing! With a delicious graham cracker crunchy base, a luscious cashew butter filling, and topped off with a thick layer of dark chocolate they’re going to become your new favorite dessert:)
How do I make Cashew Butter Bars?
As a “no-bake” treat they’re super duper easy to whip up.
- First, make the graham cracker base. Process the crackers with the puffed quinoa and the rest of the base ingredients. Place in an 8 x 8-inch baking pan and chill in the freezer.
- Make the filling in the Food Processor. Pour over the base and chill a little longer.
- Melt the chocolate with a little non-dairy milk and pour over the filling.
- Chill for about an hour then enjoy!
What ingredients are in the Bars and what can I substitute?
- you can certainly substitute almond or peanut butter, or even pumpkin seed, or sunflower seed butter.
- puffed quinoa
- Medjool dates
- graham crackers
- date syrup or maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- non-dairy milk
- dark chocolate (55% or high cocoa solids)
Pin it for later!
Tips for making the best Cashew Butter Bars
- Make sure you blitz the filling until it’s very smooth. You don’t want lumps!
- Keep the bars frozen until you plan to serve them. They soften up quite quickly and you don’t want them to become too sticky.
- Use great quality chocolate.
- Chill them for the full 1 1/2 hours to really set well.
Looking for more chocolate deliciousness? Try these!
I hope you love these Cashew Butter Bars:) If you whip them up let me know how they worked out for you! Please do leave a comment and rate the recipe!!Print
Cashew Butter Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 1/2 hour chilling time
- Total Time: 2 hour
- Yield: 12 serving 1x
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: Whole Food Plant Based
- Diet: Vegan
For the base:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup puffed quinoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 heaping tablespoons of date syrup OR maple syrup
3/4 cup cashew butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup non-dairy milk
8 pitted Medjool dates
1 cup dark chocolate
1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- To make the base place all the base ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you have crumb mixture beginning to stick together.
- Place the mixture in the prepared pan and press down to make a firm base. Place the pan in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Clean out the bowl of the food processor and place the cashew butter, vanilla extract, non-dairy milk, and Medjool dates. Blitz until very smooth. You may need to stop and stir the mixture and blitz again. You want a nice smooth mixture.
- Pour the filling on top of the chilled base. Smooth with a knife. Return to the freezer.
- To make the topping, place the chocolate and non-dairy milk together in a pan, heat on low, stirring well until JUST melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the chilled filling. Smooth out with a knife. Return to the freezer for at least 1 1/2 hours until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and slice into bars.
Keywords: Cashew Butter Bars