A simply delicious Quick and Easy Butternut Squash and Apple Soup to warm and nourish on crisp Fall days.
This butternut squash and apple soup is warming and nourishing in all its orange velvety glory. It’s a gift to have in the fridge or freezer, ready to warm up for a quick, delicious and nourishing meal. It’s SO easy to whip up, you just pop everything into a large stockpot, let it simmer away until the vegetables are tender, then blitz it in the blender. Hey presto.
What’s in this Butternut Squash and Apple Soup?
- 42 oz of peeled and chopped butternut squash! I buy mine precut to save a lot of time and effort!
- a variety of vegetables: onions, celery, carrots, garlic and an apple.
- best quality vegetable stock
- fresh herbs – thyme and sage (you could use parsley and/or rosemary instead)
- plenty of freshly ground black pepper and if you wish some kosher salt
What equipment do I need?
How long will it keep and can I freeze it?
4 days in the fridge will be just fine.
Yes, you can absolutely freeze this soup. It freezes beautifully having no cream or dairy in it.
Is this soup good for me?
Extremely! It’s low in fat and packed with Vitamin A and C. It also contains plenty of manganese, potassium and calcium. It’s a delicious bowl of health. Pair it with a a hearty salad or veggie sandwich and you have a perfect meal:)
Looking for more deliciously nourishing soups? Try these!Print
Quick and Easy Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
A deliciously velvety butternut squash and apple soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: soup
1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
2 sticks celery, peeled and chopped
1, 48 oz packet of ready chopped butternut squash
1 apple, peeled and cored (I used Gala)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
2 –3 small sprigs of fresh sage
32 – 40 oz best quality vegetable stock
- Place all the ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer, partially cover the pot.
- Allow to simmer away until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Check seasonings and add more pepper and salt if using.
Keywords: soup, butternut squash and apple soup,
If you’ve whipped up this Butternut Squash and Apple Soup or any other recipe on The Well Fed Yogi, please do rate the recipe and leave me a comment below, I would love to hear from you! If you snapped some shots of the dish, please do share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
The Well Fed Yogi