Try this Broccoli with Cilantro and Lime Gremolata, and fall in love with greens!
Ok, I admit, at first glance “broccoli” doesn’t sound that enticing. Well, try making this Broccoli with Cilantro and Lime Gremolata and I guarantee you’ll fall in love with the stuff! The fabulous zingy and robust flavors in this dish are irresistible. You will literality INHALE this!
Credit for this dish must go to Diana Henry’s beautiful book Simple!
Diana Henry is the Queen of Flavor! She takes the most mundane ingredients and turns them into something spectacular, don’t you just LOVE it when that happens!
Think of this:
- a bunch of broccoli
- a lime
- some garlic
- fresh cilantro
- a couple of red pepper flakes
You know how amazingly good broccoli is for you, don’t you? It wards off cancer, diabetes, and all sorts of ghastly diseases. Plus it’s full of antioxidants, it’s anti-inflammatory, and can even aid in blood sugar control.
Flavor secrets of Gremolata!
It’s a powerful combination, delicious flavor, and huge nutrition!
What Equipment do I need to make Broccoli with Cilantro and Lime Gremolata?Print
Broccoli with Cilantro and Lime Gremolata
Turn boring broccoli into a superstar!
1 bunch of fresh broccoli
1 lime, zest, and juice
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 clove of fresh garlic, grated
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cut the broccoli into florets, and steam until just tender.
- While the broccoli is steaming, make the gremolata.
- To make the gremolata zest the lime, mince the cilantro, grate the garlic, mix together and add a pinch of the red pepper flakes.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet and set them aside.
- Place the steamed broccoli in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the broccoli, liberally sprinkle over the gremolata and the toasted pine nuts.
Keywords: Broccoli with Cilantro and Lime Gremolata!