Whip up this Blueberry Smoothie Bowl for a deliciously refreshing way to start the day!
Looking for a deliciously, nutritious start to the day? Try this gorgeous Blueberry Smoothie Bowl. It’s filled with fiber and antioxidants from the plant kingdom, leaving you feeling zingy and energetic all morning. A smoothie bowl is such a perfect summer breakfast, I’ve included a 1/4 cup of oats in this recipe, so it’s a little more filling than a regular smoothie. The texture, if you use a high-speed blender like a Vitamix is almost like a soft serve ice cream 🙂
Of course, you don’t have to use blueberries, any berry is a delight, or you could switch to a “green” vibe and use frozen kale and leave out the berries altogether. If you want to bump up the sweetness, add in a little frozen pineapple or mango. The possibilities are endless!
How do I make a Blueberry Smoothie Bowl?
It couldn’t be easier!
- Simply put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and BLITZ until you reach a deliciously creamy texture.
- The secret is not to add too much liquid or you’ll end up with a smoothie, not a smoothie bowl! Start with 1/3 cup of plant milk and add more if necessary.
- Pour into a pretty serving bowl and enjoy decorating with your desired toppings.
What sort of toppings should I use?
Here are a few ideas:
Don’t forget to Pin it!
DID YOU MAKE THIS BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL?
Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
A deliciously refreshing way to start the day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast,
- Diet: Vegan
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/3 – 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk – or plant milk of your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon date syrup (optional)
1 tablespoon almond butter (optional)
1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
Nuts and seeds
Herbs and edible flowers
- Place all ingredients in a blender (start with less milk and add more to reach your desired consistency) and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into pretty bowls and add toppings to your heart’s content.
Keywords: Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
Looking for other Smoothie Recipes? Try these!