Enjoy the taste of summer with some delicious Baked Peaches with Lavender!
Baked peaches are the epitome of summer food, add a little lavender and you can make believe you’re soaking up the sun in the South of France. This is such an easy recipe and one that never disappoints. It’s a heavenly dessert with a little non-dairy ice cream, or enjoy it with granola and yogurt for a decadent breakfast to start the day in style.
Beautiful sunkissed peaches are plentiful in the farmer’s markets by the end of the summer. When you’re choosing them, make sure they’re heavy which means they’re full of juice, and just a little soft to the touch.
Baked Peaches are:
- totally delicious
- very easy to make
- extremely healthy, they’re filled with fiber, potassium, and Vitamin C
- a beautifully elegant dessert
- made with local and seasonal ingredients in the late summer
- you can make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge for 3 days
How do you make Baked Peaches?
It’s very simple!
- Halve the peaches and discard the pits
- Place them in an oven-proof dish
- Mix together the wine, water and honey, pour over the peaches, and place in the oven to bake for about 30 minutes
- THAT’S IT!
Substitutions and variations:
- instead of lavender use rosemary, lemon verbena, or even basil
- if you don’t have access to fresh herbs, try a pinch of cinnamon
- try fresh apricots or nectarines if you prefer
- use date syrup, or maple syrup instead of honey
- add white or rose wine, or if you’re living on the wild side add a touch of brandy or bourbon
Looking for other summery desserts? Try these:)
Summery Baked Peaches with Lavender
A delicious and very simple summery dessert
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2- 3 servings 1x
- Category: dessert,
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Vegan
1 cup white or rose wine
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of honey, or date or maple syrup
4 sprigs of culinary lavender
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F
- Half the peaches and discard the pits, keep the skin on. Place the halved peaches in an oven-proof dish.
- Mix together the wine, water, and honey (or date or maple syrup if substituting.) Pour the wine mixture over the peaches. Scatter the lavender on top. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, baste then bake for a further 10-20 minutes until the fruit is just tender.
Make sure you don’t overcook the peaches, you want them tender with a touch of firmness, not falling apart.
Keywords: Baked Peaches
I hope you love these Baked Peaches with Lavender! If you do make them please take a picture and share it on INSTAGRAM and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and Happy Plant-Based Cooking!
Don’t forget to Pin it for later!