Enjoy this Green Breakfast Smoothie for a refreshingly healthy way to start the day!
This Green Breakfast Smoothie is simple, delicious, and super-duper-healthy. Smoothies are so helpful, and you can pack a TON of nutrition into them, they taste amazing, and even the kids will enjoy them:)
This post is all about whipping up a deliciously healthy Green Breakfast Smoothie!
What’s in this smoothie?
There’s really no set recipe for a smoothie, so use what you love and what you have on hand. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Greens – spinach, kale, romaine, cucumber, celery
- Herbs – mint, parsley, basil
- Citrus – lemons or limes
- Seeds – flaxseeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds
- Ginger – for a lovely zingy taste
- Fruit – banana, pineapple, mango, berries
- Liquid – non-dairy milk, coconut water (great for hydration), or filtered water
What’s the deal with all the nutrition?
Where do we start! This smoothie is filled to the brim with nutritional superstars.
- Leafy greens are KING in the nutritional world, filled with vitamins and minerals.
- Healthy fats are found in chia and hemp seeds.
- Hydration, non-dairy milk, coconut water which is fantastic for hydration, or just plain old water.
- Using a really good quality protein powder is an insurance policy to make sure you’re getting enough protein.
- Citrus and parsley for detoxification.
- Ginger, is known for its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Bananas are filled with potassium.
- Celery and cucumber are water-filled veggies that aid in cleansing.
Tips for the best taste!
- Lemon juice “lifts” the taste and wakes up the whole smoothie.
- Make sure you use a high-speed Vitamix blender to achieve a really smooth creamy taste.
- Fresh herbs make ALL the difference. They’re filled with polyphenols and the fresh oils in the herbs add amazing flavor.
- Fresh ginger gives it a deliciously zingy vibe!
What equipment do I need to make a Green Breakfast Smoothie?
A good quality high-speed blender this is the one I have and I LOVE it!
A citrus juicer I can truly say I use this utensil every day!
Green Breakfast Smoothie
A delicious, healthy, and very refreshing Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 large serving 1x
- Category: breakfast,
- Method: blender
- Diet: Vegan
1 1/2 cups of spinach or kale
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1 banana, peeled, frozen, or fresh
1/2 cup of frozen pineapple
1/2 cup cucumber
1 stick celery
1/2 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled
Juice of a lemon
8 oz non-dairy milk, OR coconut water OR water OR a combination
1 tablespoon good quality protein powder
1 tablespoon flaxseeds
1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds
1/2 tablespoon Date Syrup, optional, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a tall glass, sip, and enjoy!
Keywords: Green Breakfast Smoothie
I hope you love this smoothie! If you do make it please take a picture and share it on Instagram and I’ll repost it on my stories. I’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment and rate the recipe! Thanks so much and happy cooking:)
Don’t forget to pin it for later!
Still thirsty? Try these!