This Very Easy Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup is a Godsend. At the end of a busy day with no dinner ready and energy levels dropping it’s a deliciously easy fix. All you have to do is roughly chop some vegetables, add them to a pan with some good vegetable stock, herbs, and spices. Then put your feet up and relax for a while until the veggies are tender. Blend it up into a warm, nourishing, flavorful, comforting soup and sip appreciatively from a large bowl.
As always with a soup, please don’t get too hung up on exact ingredients or measurements. This is rustic cooking with a “use whatever you have” attitude. Nothing too exact is required.
Tips to make the best Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup
- If you felt you wanted a protein boost, you could add a can of drained and rinsed cannellini beans during the cooking process. They will blend beautifully in the soup, making it even more creamy and smooth.
- To enhance the flavor add a few red pepper flakes, dried herbs such as Herbes de Provence, and fresh herbs like parsley, marjoram, or thyme.
- Frozen butternut squash cooks quicker than raw, so if you’re in a rush consider it an option.
- Squeezing some lemon juice into the soup before serving is a lovely addition that will “lift” the flavor.
- Adding a variety of toppings is a nice way to add some texture and interest to a blended soup.
What’s in this Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup?
- fresh ginger
- butternut squash (frozen or fresh)
- best quality vegetable broth
- Herbes de Provence or your favorite dried savory herbs
- lemon juice
Can I make it in advance and does it freeze?
Absolutely, on both counts. It keeps for 3-4 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
What equipment do I need to make this Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup?
Looking for other warming soups you can make in a hurry? Try these:
I so hope you enjoy this recipe, please do let me know in the comments below how it worked out for you and rate the recipe! Happy Cooking:)Print
Very Easy Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup
A flavorful and nourishing soup that is quick and easy to make.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minute
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: soup
- Diet: Vegan
1 small head of cauliflower (about 2–3 cups of florets)
1 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 sticks celery, large dice
1 inch knob fresh ginger, grated
1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2–3 cups butternut squash diced (fresh or frozen)
4–6 cups best quality vegetable stock – depending on how thick you like your soup
1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence or your favorite dried savory herb
1, 15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (optional for extra protein)
Juice of a lemon
red pepper flakes
- Place all the prepared vegetables and ginger in a large stockpot. Pour over 4 cups of vegetable stock, add the fresh and dried herbs.
- Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and partially cover the pot.
- Allow the soup to simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend in an upright blender or a handheld stick blender adding more stock depending on the consistency you desire in your soup.
- Taste, add more black pepper and lemon juice if required.
- Serve and enjoy with optional toppings.
Keywords: cauliflower and vegetable soup